You will shortly be receiving a ballot paper through the post. The ballot paper is to elect representatives to sit on the most senior lay official body of the union.
This body has a huge influence of what kind of union UNISON is. We urge all members to take time to vote and elect the kind of representatives you wish to see on the National Executive Council.
The Branch Committee of stewards from Sandwell General Branch agreed to nominate the following candidates:-
- National Local Government Male Seat – Paul Holmes
- National Local Government General Seat – Diana Leach
- National Local Government Female Seat x2 – Andrea Egan and Jane Doolan
- West Midlands Female Seat x2 – Caroline Johnson and Alison Dingle
- West Midlands Male Seat – Mike Vaughan
- West Midlands Low Paid Seat (Reserved) – Mandy Buckley
- National Disabled Female Seat – Paula Carlyle
- National Black Members Low Paid Seat(Reserved) – Julia Mwaluke
- National Black Members Female Seat x2 – Nimisha Trivedi and Manjula Kumari
The election runs from 4th May to 27th May