The Joint Trade Unions representing council workers and school support staff have submitted the following pay claim for 2022/23.
Our claim is for:
• A substantial increase with a minimum of £2,000 or the current rate of RPI –
whichever is greater – on all spinal column points.
• A Covid-19 recognition payment
• A national minimum agreement on homeworking policies for all councils and
the introduction of a home working allowance
• An urgent review of all mileage rates currently applying
• A review and update of NJC terms for family leave and pay
• A review of term time only contracts and consideration of retainers
• Reduction in the working week (without loss of pay) to 35 hours (34 in London)
plus one additional day of annual leave
Full details are attached.