Following receipt of a FINAL pay offer, the Trade Union side agreed to recommend to members acceptance of the offer, which is:
1) Collective Agreement: this confirms that –
- Year 1 (1 August 2020): 3.1% consolidated increase on the pay scales. This will be backdated to 1 August 2020.
- Year 2 (1 August 2021): 1% consolidated increase on the pay scales. This will be increased to 1.25% should growth in student numbers increase by 300, as confirmed by December 2021 compared to the 2020 intake. This will then be backdated to 1 August 2021.
- The College also re-iterates its commitment, agreed with effect from 1 August 2018, to observe minimum pay levels, in line with the voluntary Foundation Living Wage recommended rate. This means that the minimum scale point will increase to £9.50 per hour from 1 August 2020.
2) Memorandum Agreement: this outlines the Colleges aim for –
- Digital Upskilling: ensuring staff receive training to assist with enhancing their digital skills
- Open Days: that staff participate in virtual open events
- Ofsted: that staff understand and feel engaged in what an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted inspection would bring
UNISON agreed to recommend acceptance of this offer to our members.
Members at Sandwell College are urged to check their emails to access the online vote. Please cast your vote before 2pm, Thursday 3rd December.